Lyle Jenkins is based at the Biolinguistics Institute, Cambridge, Massachusetts. He took his Ph. D. in linguistics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and has lecturing posts at the universities of Vienna, Salzburg, Paris VIII (Vincennes) and Hamburg. He has published a monograph, The English Existential, and a number of papers in various journals, including Linguistics and Philosophy and Theoretical Linguistics.
1. Biolinguistics- Exploring the Biology of Language. (2000)
2. Biolinguistics- Structure, Development and Evolution of Language. (1997)
3. Acquiring Language. (1997)
4. The Genetics of Language. (1979)
5. Modality in English Syntax. Doctoral dissertation, MIT, Cambridge, MA. (1972)